Chapter 13 is a process whereby all your outstanding debt is consolidated, and an affordable repayment plan is devised. You and your assets will be protected from your creditors during this repayment period. Based on how much you owe, and your income and living expenses, we will help you establish a 3-5 year repayment plan that is both affordable and manageable. The plan payment amount is a set payment that is paid to a Chapter 13 Trustee, who distributes the money to your creditors. Chapter 13 bankruptcy contains unique advantages, such as:
- No interest on unsecured debt, and reduced interest on secured loans.
- Prevention of foreclosure and repossession measures by creditors
- Potential elimination of second mortgage lien debt
- Repayment of child support arrears
To get started, please call 706-845-8732 and schedule a free initial consultation. If you wish to have expedited service when you arrive, please fill out the client intake sheet before you arrive. You will need to bring with you the following information in order to receive an accurate and comprehensive consultation with an attorney.
- Tax return for the last two years.
- All pay stubs received by you, or other proof of income, for the past 6 months (please at least bring 60 days if 6 months is not possible). If you do not receive paystubs, please bring bank statements showing any income you have earned, or statements from unemployment or social security showing your monthly income. If you are married, we will need a pay stub from your Spouse as well, even if he or she is not filing the case with you.
- Proof of your social security number. (social security card, W-2 or 1099).
- Proof of photo ID (e.g. drivers license, military ID, passport).
Remember, consultation is absolutely free. However, if you decide to file a chapter 13 case, you will at least need $75 for down payment of court costs.
For more information on Chapter 13 Bankruptcy call 706-845-8732 or please click here.